The diaspora can participate in developing Kenya in various ways, including:
- Investing in Kenya: The diaspora can invest in various sectors of the Kenyan economy such as real estate with companies like Optiven, agriculture, technology, and tourism. This investment can create jobs, spur economic growth, and contribute to the development of the country.
- Remitting funds to Kenya: The diaspora can remit funds to their families and invest in various development projects in Kenya. This can support education, healthcare, and other community development projects.
- Transfer of knowledge and skills: The diaspora can transfer their knowledge and skills to support various industries in Kenya. This can be achieved through mentoring, training, and knowledge-sharing programs.
- Volunteering: Kenyan diaspora can volunteer their time and skills to support community development initiatives in Kenya. This can include healthcare, education, infrastructure development, and other community-based projects.
- Advocacy: Kenyan diaspora can advocate for policies that promote development in Kenya. This can include supporting initiatives that promote good governance, transparency, and accountability in government.
- Collaboration with local organizations: Kenyan diaspora can collaborate with local organizations to support development projects in Kenya. This can be achieved through partnerships with NGOs, local governments, and community-based organizations.
Overall, the Kenyan diaspora has a significant role to play in the development of Kenya. By investing in the economy, transferring knowledge and skills, volunteering, and advocating for policies that promote development, the diaspora can make a positive impact on the country’s development agenda.