KIF WHATSAPP GROUP GUIDELINES
WHATSAPP GROUP RULES
1. Introductions New members may be referred to the group by existing members.
2. Group Content Members are expected to maintain a high degree of conversational etiquette coupled with respect for others and their time.The following are therefore NOT allowed.
(a) Explicit content – (Text/images/video/audio) depicting violence/nudity/sexual content/substance abuse/human suffering.
(b) Insults – Direct and/or indirect insults/abuse/provocation aimed at other members and/or any (religious/social/political/professional) groups they may belong to. Never EVER use this group to berate someone else. If you have an issue address it one on one with the relevant person. We expect all members of this group to treat each other with respect even if you don’t agree to something. If we see that you are becoming confrontational, we also reserve the right to bar you permanently from the group.
(c) Forwards and non public interest posts – Forwards and other content that is unimportant, non-informative and lacking in news value. These include but aren’t limited to jokes, religious content and inspirational messages.
If you are not sure, ask yourself these three questions before you post:
Is this relevant?
Is this necessary?
Is this a good time to post?
(d) Falsehoods/Propaganda/Fake news – All forms of lies and innuendo including sponsored political propaganda, the so called “fake news” and any other posts that the posting party cannot readily substantiate.
(e) Re-Posts – Re-posting of content without any obvious benefit
- If a message asks for a positive response like an RSVP, don’t reply in the negative. Only say if you are able to attend. Don’t double RSVP if a second call to action is sent out for the same event.
- If someone asks a question and you don’t know the answer don’t respond with “I don’t know”. Just wait for someone who knows the answer to reply.
(f) Advertisements – All forms of commercial advertisements and promotions of all kinds including individual and political social media campaigns.
3. Special Focus Periods Group administrators may declare special focus periods with clearly defined subjects. These may last between 1 and 7 whole days and MUST be declared in daytime (7am to 6pm) with a notice period of at least 2 hours. Discussion shall be stricted to the stated subject within a focus period.
4. Temporary Exceptions and Waivers At least two administrators may grant a temporary waivers to any member who wishes to post content that would otherwise contravene any clause of Rule 2 but is deemed reasonable/important/rational/relevant. The scope and duration of such a waiver shall be explicitly stated upon grant and may not last more than 6 hours and shall be deemed withdrawn if applicants flout waiver scope guidelines provided by the granting administrators thrice.
5. Penalties Members who contravene group rules shall be suspended from the group(s) after a warning from an administrator. The suspending administrator shall clearly state the rule contravened by a member before suspension.
To JOIN just fill the form below